CALCE and SMTA are pleased to announce the 2019 Symposium on Counterfeit Parts and Materials. Don't miss this opportunity to learn from and share your insights with experts from government, industry and academia who are addressing the counterfeit problem. Our focus is to provide relevant information to the professionals that can be used for solving problems today while planning for a different business and technology environment in the future.
Technical Symposium and Expo: June 25-27, 2019
Expo: June 25-26 | Workshops: June 27, 2018
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
College Park, MD
Topics covered in this symposium will include the following:
- Impact of changes in the global supply chain on the component management practices: quality, reliability and manufacturability
- Electronic parts distribution: current stage and evolution over time
- Federal and defense procurement practices and their impacts on counterfeit management
- Authentication techniques for securing electronic part supply chain
- Inspection tools and techniques for detecting counterfeit parts
- New areas of counterfeit concerns: materials, energy storage
- Industry and international working groups and standards on managing counterfeit risks
- Cybersecurity concerns associated with counterfeit parts and materials
Changes in electronic supply chain had been fast and furious in the last decades and its impact on the practices of companies is still evolving. It is well understood that, the scourge of counterfeit electronic parts is related to the changes in supply chain but it is only one of the many impacts. This symposium will provide a forum to cover all aspects of changes in the electronic parts supply chain on how an organization performs part selection and management through whole life cycle of the parts. Going beyond anecdotes and examples of counterfeit parts, this symposium focuses on the solutions that are available and are under development by all sectors of the industry.
The below proceedings are for attendees and CALCE Consortium members only. For more information on how to become a member, visit here.